Sunday, December 21, 2008

The show must go on!

Even with the bad weather we have managed to make it to quite a few shows lately. We went to a reprise of "The Slipper and the Rose" which is a retelling of Cinderella. The musical score was composed by the same people who did Mary Poppins and other notable films of the day. Their names are escaping me at the moment, but they were a brother duo and very well know...I will get back to you with names later. :) Anyway, it was a well done performance and Madeleine was so taken with the actress who played Cinderella that we stood in line for autographs afterward. Next we went and saw "Emma in Wonderland". This was a performance put on by SANCA, which is the kids' Acrobat school. http://sancaseattle.org/ This was amazing! The performers were ages 8-18 and we simply couldn't believe how skilled they were. It was truly inspiring and the kids' both have a new found zeal for the art! Then it was off for a grown ups night out with Jeff & Elaine where we saw "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at the 5th. This was such a good show! I was expecting great music and dancing, but what surprised me was how hilarious it was as well. I was laughing to the point of tears on many occasions! We were also able to squeeze in a couple of films lately. "The Tale of Despereaux" and "Bolt". They were both good, but I was completely won over by the little Hamster in Bolt...."I'll go get my Ball!"...If you saw the movie that will mean something to you. :)