Monday, July 6, 2009

District Convention

It was such an amazing district convention! So much good information, and I really appreciated how modern and in-sync with day to day life it was. It sometimes seems easy to detach because the bible characters and events can seem so "far away" from our own life, but I really felt a connection at this convention. It felt like the brothers were trying to help us personalise more with our ancient brothers and sisters. I loved the way they did the drama. It was so true to what so many of us are going through right now. I never really thought much about the older brother in the account of the prodigal son. I couldn't help but cry. It really hit home for my own issues and issues in my family. I feel so refocused!

It was also really encouraging to see so many friends that I have lost contact with. It really boosts you up when you see these ones still plugging away, or in some cases, getting a fresh start. Everyone I spoke with was able to gleam so much from the program. What a wonderful gift from Jehovah!