Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stereotypes

Brent and I always joke that stereotypes are there for a reason. No matter how hard I try I always seem to fit that ditsy blonde mold. I'm always forgetting something, loosing my keys, etc. It's a running joke that when I leave the house I will have to come back at least once for something I left behind. So I found it quite cute today when the kids' piano teacher owned up to a particular stereotype she struggles with. She had parked in the driveway and when Brent returned home he parked down on the street off to the side of her, leaving plenty of room for her to back out. After the lesson we had said goodbye and a few moments later she returned to the door and said "I am Asian, and I am a woman, so you might want to move your van." It pleased me so much to know I'm not the only one living up to my stereotype. :)