Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Touch and Go

While in San Diego I experienced my first run in with the Cali Law. We were heading out for the day and we had made it approx 2 blocks when I see flashing lights behind me. I pull over and obtain my ID, car rental documents, and proof of insurance. The officer approaches my window, and as the ditsy blonde I am I say "What did I do?" as sincerely as possible, honestly having no idea what the infraction was. He proceeds to tell me how I had ran a stop sign. I really did not see a stop sign at all, but apparently there was one there. This is the funny part...I apologise and he lets me off with a warning and then says "You didn't even touch and go." He said it so matter-of-factly as if the "touch and go" is a completely acceptable practice. I found this quite amusing. Gotta love the 'California Stop'!